2017 SFL Gift Guide
If you're anything like us, gift giving can be hard. We want to pick the perfect gift for our loved ones, pay a decent price and find a way to kind of feel good about our purchases. Since gifts are such a great way to communicate a simple "I value you, and I am thankful you are in my life!", we thought it would be fun to take some of the pressure off of your Holiday shopping this year and share some of our favorite gifts from companies that #givelife through each purchase, along with a little bit about why we love each company.
1. Seek the Peace : Seek the Peace was created to meet the needs of refugees being resettled to the Dallas, TX area. They sell candles, tees, and jewelry that all directly impact refugees in their communities. Their candles are amazing!! Shop here : http://seekingpeace.org/shop/
2. Feed Project : Feed Project operates under the mindset of creating “Fashion that gives back.” helps create high quality products that help fight hunger through every purchase. They stamp each product with a number that signifies the amount of meals that they are able to provide through your purchase. Plus, all of their products are beautiful! We'll take one of each, please! Shop here : https://www.feedprojects.com/accessories
3. High Point Supply Co. : High Point Supply Co. is a social business that is designed to promote the welfare of others. They believe that training how to be sustainable is more valuable than handouts. They have unique products from all over the world - enough variety for every gift that you need to purchase! It’s a one stop shop! Shop here : https://www.highpointsupplyco.com
4. Noonday Collection : Noonday partners with Artisan Businesses across the globe, teaches individuals how to create sustainability in their art, and comes alongside of businesses to help further develop them through fair trade. As a result, they help create jobs for artisans all over the world. Their collections are beautiful and unique — there’s definitely something at Noonday for all of your girlfriends! Shop here : http://www.noondaycollection.com/shop/
5. Starfish Project : Starfish Project offers jobs to women and girls to have been exploited through sex-trafficking in Asia. The provide opportunity through Holistic Care Programs and their social enterprise. All of their jewelry is made by and directly benefits those affected by sex-trafficking. Each piece plays a part in changing another woman’s world. Shop here : https://starfishproject.com/product-category/all/
6. Akola Project : Akola is a Full-Impact Brand that reinvests 100% of revenue back into the mission to empower women. They offers work to women in poverty both here in Dallas, and in Uganda. Every piece of jewelry is handmade by Akola women and directly benefits them and their families. Each piece is creatively designed and handmade with care and attention to detail. We can’t get over how stunning their collections are! Shop here : https://akolaproject.org/collections/all-products
In the same way that we all want to buy the perfect gift, we know that some people don’t ask for a lot and are, well, a little more difficult to buy for For those individuals in your life, or for the ones that would rather give everything away, we wanted to share a few places to give financially in someone else’s honor this season.
1. Naomi's Village : Naomi's Village provides complete care for total orphans, located near the truck stop town of Maai Mahiu, Kenya. They have rescued over 81 children, including abandoned babies and those left parentless by terrorist attacks, AIDS, disasters, and domestic violence. You have the opportunity to sponsor a child who needs love this year! Sponsor a child or give here : http://naomisvillage.org/sponsor/
2. The Adventure Project : The Adventure Project is a nonprofit movement “adding venture” capital to create jobs in developing countries. Your gift empowers individuals through entrepreneurship! Your gift provides them with opportunity to help change the world. Give here : https://www.theadventureproject.org/donate/
3. Stand for Life : At Stand for Life, we're given the unique privilege to #giveLIFE away. This year, you have the special opportunity to donate in a loved ones honor. The best part? For every donation over $50, a LIFE book will be sent to a Pregnancy Resource Center across the country so that people can read countless stories of hope, grace, and redemption. Give here : https://www.standforlife.org/give/
We would love to hear about what gifts you purchase for your loved ones! Happy shopping, friends!